Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Best Day Ever...

EVERYDAY!!! yip yip!

We are taking a field trip to Santa Fe tomorrow to go to tons of galleries, AAAAANNNNNDDDDD to see the Chalk Farm Gallery, which houses some of the most prolific visionary/fantasy artisits of our time, including Michael Parks, my personal hero. I so excite!

We just completed a composting toilet on the property....and finished cobbing the walls upstairs. It looks awesome up there now, and Casey's gigantor library of delicious books is shelved and doesn't seem to take over the room anymore. nice.

We started digging out some ground adjacent to the kitchen to build a root cellar. The finished space will be about five to six feet deep, and about ten feet long by six feet wide. Unfortunately, this plan will not be realized by the end of summer like I was hoping cuz Casey just found out today that he IS definitely going to Burning Man, and that means he will be leaving in one week!

So, Nigel and I will most likely stay on the land to continue our own daily practices: painting, reading, kundalini yoga/meditation, writing, etc... until we decide it is time to move on. We won't be returning to CA until late September/early October, but we may venture to other places in the southwest to visit with friends, or perhaps find a sweet meditation retreat space to sanctify. At this point, I'm really feelin' that my biggest numero uno priority is to continue working on the Kuan Yin painting daily, and finish by summer's end. If that means we stay in Jemez Springs, so be it--just as long as we don't get dynamic duo fishbowl syndrome! :)

Loving you all so much, and I am dancing with many of you in my prayers, thoughts, and blesssings. Ahh.... peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment